Monday, February 25, 2013

Valentine Crafts

A couple of years ago my Sister-in-Law at the time shared an awesome place with me, The Wood Connection. My first project was making my girls' names with the wood letters that they sold and have since done several projects.  At The Wood Connection they allow you to take pictures of their finished projects on Display,so you can have ideas on how to finish your own.  You can also purchase the paint, paper, glue, ribbon, ect., making it a one stop shop.  The Wood Connection also has a blog in which they give tutorials on how to finish your wood projects along with their latest items for sale.  One of the things I love about this store is they have a play area for the kiddos, which for a busy mama like me, usually having 3 to 4 kids in tow, makes shopping there much more enjoyable and the kids are entertained.

My most recent projects were for Valentines Day which unfortunately I was unable to complete by Valentines (hopefully they will be finished for next year and I will share those then).   My two oldest daughters love to help me paint the projects and since doing wood projects is something my Sisters and I have in common, we love getting together once a month to work on our projects.  The added bonus is that since 3 out of 4 of us have kids, my Mom also comes and entertains the Grand-kids which is awesome, except for my 7 month old Baby Girl has become a major Mama's girl and decided that as long as I am present no one can touch her, making it almost impossible for me to get much done on my projects.  But my sisters have been great to help me paint and at least make some headway on my projects.

Here are a few from last year that I completed and I love the way they turned out:




No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...