Friday, October 3, 2014

Apple Dumpling Costume

With Halloween coming the end of this month, I am preparing my Children's Halloween costumes.  Although I told myself that I did not have time to make costumes this year and told my kids that we would pick them out at the store.  I find myself making them.  My Husband actually prefers Homemade Costumes over store bought.  As I got out the Halloween Decoration and Costumes, I came across the first costume I had made for my oldest daughter.

I had made her an Apple Dumpling costume.  It was her first Halloween and I really wanted to make her a costume, as my own Mother had made most of our Halloween costumes.  I went to the Fabric Store one evening with my daughter and perused the pattern books and came across an Apple Dumpling Costume.  Being that my daughter was only 7 months old at the time, there wasn't very many costumes in her size to choose from.


I spent several evenings working on her costume, but the end result was adorable.  She was so cute, and I am sad to say that it was never worn again.  My other 2 girls were summer babies and therefore this costume was a a bit too big for a 2 or 3 month old.  Maybe one day it will be worn again.





No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...