Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Crocheted Flower's

I have recently been bitten by the crochet bug and have been crocheting all kinds of fun things.  Several years ago, our family went to visit an older Lady in our neighborhood, who loved to crochet, and she gave my girls crocheted flowers, in which she had crocheted.  I loved them and asked if she would show me how to crochet them.  She said she would and then her health declined and unfortunately I never was able to learn from her.  I took the crocheted flowers that this wonderful woman had given my girls and turned them into hair clips.  After she passed away, my girls would wear her crochet flowers quite frequently in their hair.  So one day while I was pregnant with my third, and my Husband was busy getting our house ready to sell, I decided to use up some of my left over yarn and crochet thread from other projects and found a flower crochet pattern similar to the flowers my girls were given.  I have since crocheted many of these flowers, in all different colors and sizes (adjusting just the hook size).  Making them into hair clips by adding a Alligator clip to the back and either a jewel or buttons to the center.

Here are my latest creations:



I used a crochet flower pattern I found on the Action Hero::Knitting weblog.

No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...