Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Little Boy Blue Hat and Diaper Cover

A few months ago, a friend of mine posted a picture of a Hat and Diaper Cover asking if anyone would be willing to make it for their soon to be baby boy.  I immediately accepted the challenge and purchased the pattern from Sunset Crochet.

Once the pattern was downloaded, I purchased the yarn at Walmart.  I wasn't sure how much yarn it would require, so I bought several skeins of yarn (plus they were on clearance).  I was so excited to work on this project that I started it right a way.  The instructions were great to follow and I was able to crochet the hat in one evening of watching a couple of sitcoms with my hubby.  The following night I was able to complete the diaper cover.  Both whipped up so quickly.  The only thing on the pattern that wasn't stated was how close together the tabs of the diaper cover were supposed to go, so I just guessed.

Once I was finished with both, I added the brown buttons.  I was so excited about the finished result and it took less yarn then I purchased, only needed one skein.

 I have since crocheted several more sets, to have ready for baby gifts in the future.  I added white buttons to another set I did.
20 set




You can purchase the pattern on etsy, by visiting the shop Sunset Crochet.  Or if you prefer, I would be more than happy to make a set for you.

1 comment:

Buffy said...

That is super cute!! Love it!!

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...