Saturday, October 26, 2013

Ghost Bride

This year for Halloween, one of my daughters wanted to be a Ghost Bride. 


So we visited a few of the local Halloween Costume stores and to her disappointment, we were unable to find a bride costume.  So we ended up buying her some white face makeup, white glitter lipstick and grey glitter eye shadow, with the promise that I would come up with a Bride Costume for her.  While on our way home I remembered that we had a cream Tangled Dress-up and decided that I could make a veil to go with it.  I purchased the Tulle at our local fabric store and returned home to make her veil.  The veil was so easy to make and only took me about 30 minutes to do.  I had the headband, flowers and ribbon already.  I took the Tulle and decided to have 3 layers, all at different lengths.  I only needed to make one cut as I folded the other piece of tulle to, so I could make a little poof at the front of the veil.  I gathered the tulle together at the front and then sewed it about 2 inches from the fold with the 3rd later attached underneath.  I then hot glued the veil onto a wide plastic headband, glued on the flowers (which had been previously purchased years ago at the dollar store) and then glued some ribbon streamers on the sides.  The Veil turned out better than I expected and she loved it. 

 In the end she ended up being a Beautiful Bride as the face makeup we bought did not go on very well and looked too heavy to be a Ghost Bride.

Here are a couple more views of the veil:



Supplies Used:

*3 yards of Tulle
*1/2 " thick plastic headband
* bunch of flowers from the dollar store
*approximately 100 inches silk ribbon

No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...