Friday, August 30, 2013

Watermelon Love


August always makes me think of watermelons.  I just love watermelon! There is just something refreshing about it, weather you are eating it, decorating with it or crafting with it.  The colors are some of my favorite combinations, red/green/white/black, pink/green/white or a variety of them all mixed together.  When I was in my teens, my Mom came across Watermelon Picnic items at Z.C.M.I.  She received the watermelon picnic basket for her birthday (which I believe she still has) and then later bought plates, cups and serving dishes.  Every time we BBQ'd (which was most of the summer) we would eat outside at the patio table and use the Watermelon dishes, it was so delightful.  When I got married and had a place of my own, I decorated my Kitchen in Watermelon decor.  My Kitchen is no longer decorated in Watermelon, although I still have the wall hangings and a couple of the canisters.  Maybe one day I will add just a little bit back in.  For now I enjoy dressing my girls in Watermelon prints, which Gymboree and Crazy 8 have had Watermelon lines for the past couple of years and I have been able to keep my girls well outfitted in watermelon.

Since my Baby Girl had a really cute Watermelon dress and being that I had just made a watermelon headband for my niece, I really wanted to make another one for my Baby Girl to match her dress.  Since the colors of her dress were slightly different then the original headband I made,I made a new one.  My Baby Girl loved her new headband and once I put it on her, she kept it on all day.  She really does have a preference on what she wears, so lucky for me, she loves watermelon too.

$10

No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...