Sunday, September 22, 2013

1st Day of Fall


I cannot believe that fall is already here.  The past 6 months, better yet the past year has flown by so quickly for me.  Fall makes me think of of the beautiful leaves that are starting to change.  It also made me think of the fun pillow case dresses I made for my girls a couple of years ago along with fall bows.  A friend of mine wanted to learn how to sew, and so we headed to the fabric store and picked up some fall fabric to make each of our girls (my 2 and her 2) some fall dresses.  I felt that the pillowcase dress would be a great 1st project.  It was so much fun to pick out the fabric for each of our girls and then to start the process of making them.  We talked and laughed had so much fun.  All 4 of the dresses turned out fabulous and my girls have been able to wear them each fall for the past 2 years.  Now that I have 3 girls and the oldest has outgrown her dress (luckily the 2nd oldest has grown into the 1st) I will have to make new dresses or skirts this year for my oldest and youngest and a matching tie for my little guy. Hopefully I can talk my friend into once again sewing some fun fall things together.

No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...